Thursday, May 23, 2013

...and now I'm back...from outer space....

...well not really. Seemed like it though.

Where did we last leave our intrepid blog author? Let's see...sick as a dog, hating winter, lack of creativity, stressed out and oh...did I mention sick?

Oi! That flu virus that went around this past Feb/March was a doozy...hit me hard, below the belt, above the brow and kicked me in to survival mode. Not trying to made excuses but for a time there it was all I could do to make it from day to day, meeting the necessities of family, home and work.

Anyways - enough dwelling! Recently I started crafting again and it was like springtime in my soul.
I was able to finish off my album for my Dad and was able to give it to him in person when he visited in April - sometimes its hard to tell with men, but I think he really liked it and I know I was very happy with how it worked out.

As it turns out, this picture was perfect for the cover as it shows both grandaughters talking on speaker-phone to my Dad long distance to the west coast. They are obviously giggling at something he said...

Also I've been starting my multi-media journey with canvases and was very happy to hang this on my daughter's wall finally...I started it forever ago and as my first attempt, it didn't turn out too badly. Emma likes it and that's all that matters to me anyways...




She doesn't understand why there is no detail to the face, but I really don't want to mess around with it at this point...

The fine print in the bottom right corner says "She is Beautiful" which pretty much sums it up...

I have also started two more canvases, which I will post here as "Works in Progress" ... hopefully getting more work done on them this weekend.


A "She" of some kind will come out of the above...I actually found an old package of one of Christy's massive paper dolls...maybe just use it up. What? Shop in my own stash!?! What the...yes really. Using my own stash of stuff up is quite satisfying...


This one is a bit more challenging...I like what I have done so far...but what to do what to do...I'll figure it out hopefully over the weekend...

Anyways - hope you are getting your craft on...short week this week and tomorrow is TGIF!!!

Cheers!

j


No comments:

Post a Comment