Tuesday, March 12, 2013

...creativity on hold...

...due to illness.

This is something rather new for me.

Getting sick? Oh well....

Not exactly...I have been ill before. But in my recent history - say 9 years - I have never given myself more than an afternoon or overnight to let my body recover from whatever chance bug or virus was visiting. Perhaps I was such a lousy host, by ignoring the poor germs, they just got huffy and left.

Who knows. I thought I just had a good immune system, rarely catching whatever plague was going through my little family and soldiering through when I did. Such was my mentality. Sick days wasn't part of the package I chose, so I accepted and continued on. It was mad (in the british sense) but there it was...

Now that I have a job that is a tad more forgiving...I...(get ready for this) took a sick day yesterday.

Whoa eh? Good thing too because since the minute I got home from handing my daughter over to my Mother for March Break (yup the whole week), I proceeded to feel absolutely wretched and that did not stop come Monday morning.

So my weekend was a write off due to being sick and taking care of an even sicker husband (thank you Mom and Brother for taking care of our girl!) but it completely put the kibosh on finishing up my album for my Dad. But I realized something about being sick that I hadn't realized before.

It's so  ...   so......boring.

Helloooo Pinterest.

Now Pinterest and I have been playing a game of footsie for the last year or so. I have an account. People are following me on Pinterest, waiting for me to pin stuff, but unfortunately I haven't really obliged. No time! But yesterday I had time....and a new cel phone....and the Pinterest App.

I blame Heather.

I mean...it just kept going...there was no end to the scrolling! Recipes and crafts, quotes and home decor...it was so easy! Every once in a while, I could hear faint evil chuckling. After a few minutes I just attributed it to a receding fever...

Ok, ok I get it now. Pinterest is fun, and wickedly addictive. I want to share something that I want to try either solo or with my daughter...

Shave crayons in whatever color/pattern onto a canvas, cover with wax paper and iron the whole canvas! The crayons will melt, creating your masterpiece!! Gonna have to try this one!

I think the original blog that this came from is from Momtastic - hopefully I am giving the correct person credit for this. Anyways...we have leftover bits of crayon that could fill a gallon pail of ice cream...love the idea that it won't go to waste.

Anyways - I'm at the end of my energy. I did go back to work today - good thing I got to sit for most of the day =)

I hope you had more of creative week than I did...but if you can't get to your craft table, take time to be inspired by someone else. It's all around us....and it'll get you back there faster...

Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment